Veteran Reserved Parking Sign Initiative
Show your appreciation to those who have served in the armed forces. Reserve a parking spot – or more – in your parking lot, for veterans. The Veteran Reserved Parking Initiative can be your way of saying “Thank You for Your Service” to our military service members, past and present. It is a visual way of showing appreciation for veterans who live, work, shop, and play in Howard County.
Thanks to AIDA Bistro, Leidos, and The Mall in Columbia, for signing on early to recognize these heroes.
- These parking spaces are provided on a voluntary basis by a property owner or business with permission from their property management company. You’re not losing a parking space, as veterans are already visiting your location.
- Veteran spaces will be for any veteran with or without a DMV-issued vehicle license plate from any state. It is an honor code system. No enforcement will be implemented.
- No public funds or taxes will be provided to pay for these parking spaces. Signage and installation can be purchased through Image360 and Signarama which are providing significant discounts to business and property owners. Additional donations will go toward veterans and military family programs.
- Parking sign order form for Image360 is here,
- Parking sign order form for Signarama is here.
For a list of local companies providing discounts to our veterans and active duty personnel, check out this list here.