GovConnects is a specialized program launched by the Howard County Chamber of Commerce and focused on the Federal Government Contracting Industry.
This unique government contractors network works to educate and connect local industry participants with opportunities, while representing their interests in the wider community to positively impact the region’s economic future.
GovConnects was created to enable Chamber members to benefit from the significant growth of the cybersecurity industry and other federal contracting activity in Maryland. Business opportunities have been generated by the physical presence of U.S. Cyber Command, NSA, and defense contractors in and around Howard County.
GovConnects serves as a government contractors network for area businesses, providing educational opportunities, a forum focused specifically on this niche market, targeted events, and current information guided by experienced contracting participants.
Our events include:
- Scale Up Series: Introducing the GovConnects’ Scale-Up Series of interactive discussions among small govcon executives and industry experts on business topics essential for sustainable, profitable growth in the complex federal marketplace.
- Regional Cyber Conference: Focused in the heart of the cyber security hub, this year’s conference will be held on September 1, 2021.
- Women’s Leadership Conference: Each spring the conference attracts women from around the region to discuss, learn, and inspire each other to thrive in competitive fields. A smaller reception is hosted in the fall with a keynote speaker to reconnect and reinvigorate this group of influential people.
- Exclusive C-Suite Perspectives Dinners: Hosted throughout the year by invitation.
- BizBreakfasts: Quick two-hour sessions covering topics relevant to the federal contracting community offer participants a chance to network, ask questions, and learn what you need to know to succeed.
- Plugged In: New for 2021, this quarterly event is designed for government contractors and those that serve them to enjoy food, drinks and networking in a relaxed atmosphere.