Lower Your Company’s Monthly Utility Bills:
Commercial Energy Cooperative Program
When commercial energy purchasing was deregulated in Maryland in 2002, the Howard County Chamber of Commerce partnered with CQI Associates to establish a Commercial Energy Purchasing Cooperative for its members. Since then, the Howard County Chamber of Commerce – CQI Energy Cooperative has helped hundreds of area businesses realize long-term budget stability and savings.
Benefits of the Howard County Chamber of Commerce Commercial Energy Cooperative:
- Increased purchasing power in procuring electric and natural gas means competitive rates for businesses
- Eliminates the need to “go it alone”
- Historically, the average co-op member saves about the equivalent of their July electrical bill and/or their February natural gas bill when compared to utility S.O.S. rates
- Budget stability (no more “roller coaster costs”) by offering Fixed Rate energy supply costs
- Assistance in being Proactive in fulfilling energy buying needs
- The opportunity for businesses to share in the valuable energy expertise that the cooperative provides.
This program offers free informational seminars and webinars about energy deregulation and valuable insight into energy procurement options. CQI manages the member education and bid phases of the program, oversees the transition of the members’ energy accounts, and offers continuing technical expertise to members throughout the term of the energy contracts.
Learn how your business can benefit from joining the Howard County Chamber of Commerce – CQI Commercial Energy Purchasing Cooperative by visiting www.cqiassociates.com or calling 443-472-3870 for more information.
There are NO fees to participate.
Chamber member businesses that have not previously joined the Commercial Co-op are invited to reduce their energy costs and stabilize their energy expenses. To enroll in the Chamber of Commerce Commercial Energy Purchasing Co-op:
- Complete and sign a Letter of Authorization (download PDF here)
- Provide a full, recent copy of the utility bill for each account you are enrolling
- Please scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the documents listed above to 410-747-4752, attn: Joe Tabeling
- You must also mail a hard copy of the same documents to: Howard County Chamber of Commerce, 6240 Old Dobbin Lane, Suite 110, Columbia, MD 21045
Residential Energy Cooperative
In addition to commercial energy procurement, CQI Associates is also a leader in the Chamber’s Residential Energy Purchasing Cooperative. CQI offers very competitive fixed supply rates to individuals who work for Chamber member companies for their homes. To learn more or to sign up, go to www.cqiassociates.com/residential When signing up, please designate the Howard County Chamber of Commerce.