The Howard County Chamber’s Business-to-Government Initiative
GovConnects is a specialized program launched by the Howard County Chamber of Commerce focused on the Federal Government Contracting Industry. GovConnects works to educate and connect local industry participants with opportunities and represent their interests in the wider community to positively impact the region's economic future.The Chamber created GovConnects to enable Chamber members to benefit from the significant growth of the cybersecurity industry and other federal contracting activity in Maryland. Business opportunities have been generated by the physical presence of U.S. Cyber Command, NSA, and defense contractors in and around Howard County. GovConnects serves a resource for area businesses, providing educational opportunities, a forum for networking focused specifically on this niche market, targeted events and current information guided by experienced contracting participants.
Our events include:
- A CFO roundtable which meets about 10 times throughout the year. This is a small group of CFOs from both large and small companies who brainstorm and help each other and discuss best practices for government contracting.
- A regional cyber conference focused in the heart of the cyber security hub. This year the conference will be held on June 7 at Howard Community College.
- A leadership forum for women in government contracting each Spring. Attracting women from around the region to discuss, learn and inspire each other to thrive in this competitive field. In the Fall we have a smaller reception with a keynote speaker to reconnect and reinvigorate this group of influential people.
- Exclusive Executive Level Networking Events throughout the year to network with other regional and national leading federal contracting companies.
- BizBreakfasts - A quick 2-hour session on topics relevant to the federal contracting community. A chance to network, learn, ask questions, and get specific answers to what you need to know to succeed.